Beaver Creek Race Series
The Beaver Creek Race Series will be held on Mondays. After the events we will host an apres party with awards, results, video, and raffle prizes.
2012 RACE DATES
January 16: Giant Slalom
January 23: Giant Slalom
January 30: Slalom
February 6: Slalom
February 13: Giant Slalom
February 27: Giant Slalom
March 7: Giant Slalom Finals on Centennial (registration is from 8-9am, races start at 10am)
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
||Registration - 2nd floor of Race City, located next to the Centennial Chair Lift, above the ski check |
||Course Inspection on Bear Trap, just below the NASTAR race area|
||Race Start for Run #1. Run #2 starts immediately after Run #1.|
**Return bibs at the scoreboard or Race City after Run #2.
||Awards Party (see schedule below). Race results, race video, beer, food, live entertainment |
||Raffle prizes! |
Five racers per team, per race maximum. Teams may have more than 5 racers on their roster, but they can only have 5 racers race each week. Any competitor whose team is full may still race as an individual each week at a cost of $15, but their score will not be counted towards their team.
Snowboarders and telemarkers are welcome and receive a time discount compared to the alpine competitors. Teams may be comprised of any mix of alpine, snowboarders, telemarkers, male or female that you wish to have from week to week. Your weekly roster of competitors for each team can also vary from week to week.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM
1. Registration takes place each race day from 9:00am to 10:45am on the second floor of “Race City”, which is the 2-story building located just west of the base of the Centennial Express Chairlift #6, above the ski check.
2. Prior to the first event you should pull your team together and complete the team roster form.
3. Either mail or drop off your team roster and a check for $450.00 per team.
4. Have each member of your team stop by Registration each day they will be racing. They will need to fill out a NASTAR registration card and a separate waiver form, and pay their entry fee (if the team did not pay the season fee) before they receive their bib.
5. Each member of a team must tell the registration staff which team they are racing for at each race.
6. Competitors must designate themselves as snowboarders or telemarkers or they will be scored as an alpine competitor.
$450.00 Team Fee
$15.00 Individual Competitor
Entry fees are valid for the entire season. 5 racers per team, per event. No portion of any unused team fee is refundable.
January 16: Agave Restaurant (located across the street from the Bear Lots)
January 23: Vista at Arrowhead
January 30: Black Diamond Bistro (located in The Charter)
February 6: Vista at Arrowhead
February 13: Black Diamond Bistro (located in The Charter)
February 27: Rocks Modern Grill (located in Beaver Creek Lodge)
March 5: Agave Restaurant (located across the street from the Bear Lots)
If you have any questions regarding the series please call the BC Race Department at (970) 754-6229.