Celebrate opening day and round out the afternoon
before Thanksgiving by munching on warm chocolate chip cookies!
The 12th annual Beaver Creek Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition takes place on Beaver Creek Opening Day (Nov 25th) at 2pm. The top five cookie finalists will compete for $1,000 and bragging rights as the Official Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe of Beaver Creek for the 2015/2016 winter season.
2 p.m. - Public judging begins in Beaver Creek Village, next to the Ice Rink. Judging is completely free! Don’t be late for the judging; cookies go fast!
3 p.m. - Winners announced on the Plaza Stage, in Beaver Creek Village.
After tasting dozens and dozens of cookies, we have selected our five finalists for the 12th annual Beaver Creek Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition!
Yin & Yang Chocolate Chip Cookies - Recipe
Cookies Worth Writing Home About - Recipe
Ava’s Best Cookie #2
14’ers - Recipe
Schariar & Robert Milfeld
Nana’s Special Chocolate Chip Cookies - Recipe
Congratulations to the 2015 World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition winner, Kirsten Gorrell, with her Baker’s Dozen. Click to View Recipe
Beaver Creek VIP Cookie Tasting Contest
Entry Rules & Regulations
Enter to win a VIP Cookie Tasting Experience for you and your family this Opening Day! To enter, simply post your favorite Cookie Time memory on the Beaver Creek Mountain Facebook page!
- “First Car” – claim the first gondola car of the 15/16 season.
- VIP Cookie Tasting Experience during the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition Finals:
- Seats for the whole family on the plaza stage
- One of each finalist cookie served to you at your seat
- Beaver Creek SWAG Bags
- Entries must be posted to the Beaver Creek Mountain Facebook page.
- Entries may include photo and/or video, but media is not required.
- Entries should tell the story of a favorite Cookie Time memory at Beaver Creek.
- To be eligible, you must be present at Beaver Creek Resort for Opening Day on Wednesday, November 25th.
- Beaver Creek not responsible for transportation, lodging or any additional expenses. All expenses are responsibility of winner.
- Winner may bring a maximum of 5 additional VIP judges (6 total guests).
- Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges from Beaver Creek Marketing, PR and Resort Company departments.
- Criteria include: creativity, uniqueness and personal connection to Beaver Creek.
- One entry per person.
- Winner will be notified via Facebook by 5pm on November 23rd and must confirm participation within 24 hours of notification.
- Beaver Creek reserves the right to change the winner selection method at its sole discretion.